- Engaging Teachers with Technology Increased Achievement, Bypassing Teachers Did Not (with Adrienne Lucas (accepted at American Economic Journal: Economic Policy)
- Digitization and Development: Property Rights Security, and Land and Labor Markets (accepted at Journal of European Economic Association)
- Gender Bias in Performance Assessments: Evidence from Teachers (with Anne Fitzpatrick and Adrienne Lucas, accepted at AEA Papers and Proceedings)
- Tenancy and clientelism. 2021. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 186, 201-226.
- `Rule-of-Thumb’ Instructions to Improve Fertilizer Management? Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh (with Mahnaz Islam). Forthcoming, Economic Development and Cultural Change
- Favoritism and Flooding: Clientelism and Allocation of Irrigation Water. 2019. World Development 114, 175-195.
- Health Knowledge and Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Africa (with Anne E. Fitzpatrick, Laura C. Derksen, Anne Karing, Jason T. Kerwin, Adrienne Lucas, Natalia Ordaz Reynoso & Munir Squires, revision requested at Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization)
- Improving Fertilizer Management can lead to Medium Term Increase in Complimentary Inputs (with Mahnaz Islam, submitted)
- Quantity Recommendation as a Solution to Imbalanced Fertilizer Use? A Field Experiment in Bangladesh (with Mahnaz Islam and Khandker Wahed Rahman)
- “Improving Public Sector Service Delivery: The Importance of Management” (with Anne Fitzpatrick and Adrienne Lucas)
Selected Works in Progress
Seasonal Dropping-Out: using novel data to study attendance and enrollment in response to shocks. [Abstract]
Other Working Papers
Consumer Confidence in Conflict Prone Regions (with Hassan Abbass and Ali Choudhary)
Inflation Expectations in a Developing Country Setting (with Hassan Abbas and Ali Choudhary)